Reading Time: 5 minutes
This Pot Pesto Recipe Is Phenomenal (And Potent)
- ½ Cup of Cannabis-Infused Cooking Oil preferably Olive
- 3 ½ Tablespoons of Pine Nuts
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Food Processor or Blender
Much like the typical pairing of siblings, my older sister and I don’t exactly see eye to eye on a lot of things. In fact, it’s probably easier to list the things we actually agree on, of which there are only a few. But, despite our differences, we still get along quite well.She’s taught me a lot over the years, and in some instances, she’s changed my life forever. One specific example of this that comes to mind, happened when I was 11 years-old. Our family didn’t always have time to venture out for a bite to eat at a nice restaurant. More often than not, we were grabbing meals at a drive-thru after any one of our various practices. So, when our schedules allowed for such a night out to occur, we always took full advantage of it.See Also: How To Make Cannabis-Infused MilkNow, before I get any further into this brief story, it should be noted that, at this point in my young life, I was a tremendously picky eater. If anything even remotely put me off, I’d become too nauseated to even try it. But, if my dish was sporting a deep-fried brown hue, I was good to go. Anything other than that, I simply couldn’t handle.My sister, on the other hand, was a pretty adventurous eater, even at a young age. She had absolutely no issues or qualms in trying something new or out-of-the-ordinary. I must admit, that’s one of her more admirable qualities, and I always tried to deal with my self-inflicted food fears in a similarly brave fashion, but it always found a way to best me in the end.Anyway, on this night out with the family, we decided to grab a meal at our favorite Italian restaurant. I loved this place, mainly because it’s pizza offerings were tailor-made to suit my strict culinary restrictions. Plus, it tasted damn good, too. See Also: Here’s How To Make Cannabis Cooking Oil At HomeAfter we were seated, we placed our orders with our waiter. Per the usual, I got my standard pepperoni pizza, which is what my sister typically ordered, too. However, on this trip, I noticed she was eyeing the menu far longer than usual. The inquisitive look on her face, as she carefully analyzed each dish’s ingredient breakdown, listed in italicized font below each item, was something I wasn’t used to seeing. I assumed she’d just go with the standard order, but she shocked our entire table when she confidently closed her menu, looked up at the patient waiter, and politely replied, “I’ll have the pesto pasta dish, please.”After a nod of acknowledgement, the waiter jotted down her surprising order on his tiny notepad, offered up a “Right away, madam…” and high-tailed it back to the kitchen.I asked my sister what this mythically-sounding “pesto” was, to which she shrugged, and said, “I don’t know. I think it’s green, though.” Well, as you could imagine, that pretty much ruined any hope I had of trying it out for myself. No way was my picky palate ready to take on anything that wasn’t crunchy and breaded. Na-uh, no way.Minutes later, our dishes arrived. See Also: How To Make Cannabis-Enriched Peanut Butter Marshmallow TreatsI was excited for my beloved pizza, but my eyes kept straying over to my sister’s pesto pasta dish. For one reason or another, I became enamored with its intoxicating scent and striking green color. I could feel my once-steady hatred for foods of this nature fade away and transform into a newfound curiosity and appreciation.Then, in a move that brought my parents to a shocked standstill, I asked my sister if I could try some. She happily obliged, adding a “I think you’ll like it…” as she slid her dish over to me. I grabbed my fork, dug in with only the slightest hesitation, and took a good, clean bite of the pesto-covered pasta.Well, needless to say, that was it for me – I was hooked. I kept shoveling forkfuls of this green meal into my gullet, as if I was possessed by some sort of starving spector. I’ve been a pesto-fan ever since. But, as yummy as this green concoction is, I think a little more “green” could make it even better. Which is why I’m here to teach you how to make Pot Pesto at home!And, honestly, the entire process couldn’t be simpler.However, before we get into the super easy step-by-step recipe for Pot Pesto, let’s make sure you have all the necessary ingredients required for this one-of-a-kind cannabis culinary creation.For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Alright, now that you’ve got your hands on these ingredients, you can get started on this abundantly simple recipe for Pot Pesto.
- Okay, so crack open that food processor (or blender), and toss in all of those aforementioned ingredients. Then, as slowly as you can, blend these multiple ingredients together for a bit. You’ll know you’re basically done, when the entire mixture takes on a dense, thick, paste-like consistency.
- When you’re happy with how everything is looking, you can go ahead and cover it in some sort of storage container, and toss it in the fridge for safekeeping.
- And that, my friends, is it. You just made Pot Pesto in under half an hour. Pretty dang easy, right?
- Now, whenever you are going to make yourself a nice, little pasta dish, you can infuse your meal with this phenomenal (and potent) Pot Pesto. It’s delicious, and depending on the strength of your cannabis-infused cooking oil, it could be incredibly strong. So, remember to practice the usual caution when diving into a homemade infusion of this nature.
- A good rule of thumb is to consult our expert Dosing Calculator, found on this page, to ensure that you are taking the right amount.
- I don’t know about you, but all this talk about pesto is getting me hungry. I think I’m going to whip up a batch of this stuff right now! And I suggest you do the same.