Reading Time: 5 minutes
A Super Simple Recipe For THC French Fries
The only ingredients that you’ll need for this are:
- 3 Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- 6-8 Russet Potatoes
- Seasoned Salt (To Taste)
Fast food and marijuana are a match made in heaven.I’m sure we’ve all experienced similar stoned experiences with fast food in our day. Let’s say, you just wrapped up a solid smokeout, and you are feeling high, happy, and hungry. Which, to be honest, is a super common occurrence for those of us in the cannabis community. Hell, it’s part of the appeal of marijuana in the first place.
Anyway, once those fateful munchies kick in, they take full control of your appetite and taste buds. And while the food choices often vary from time to time, depending on the smoker’s mood, the final destination almost always ends up being a fast food restaurant. And rightfully so. These places are the most consistent, cost-effective culinary options out there. Plus, if you can order and eat in the comfort of your own car – why, that’s just icing on the cake, right there. Obviously, I’m referring to being driven around by a sober buddy, as partaking in cannabis behind the wheel is a major, super illegal “no-no.” But even having said that, the fact remains: a drive-thru is the ideal way for a high introvert, such as myself, to order food. And, I don’t know about you, but the millisecond I thank the employee for my grub, I roll up my window, strategically place the bag betwixt my legs, and proceed to blindly scour through the contents, in hopes of finding the end-all, be-all of fast food dining: french fries. Look, I’m fully aware that there are locations out there who don’t know how to whip up a proper batch of fries. Believe me, those sort of depressing moments don’t just fade away. Those types of culinary mishaps stick with you for damn near your whole life. But, those failures are few and far between, as the average quick eatery offers up a decent interpretation of this beloved spud creation.SEE ALSO: How To Take Turkey Day To The Next Level With Cannabis GravyIn that moment, when my elevated mindset realizes just how amazing that entire experience is, I can’t help but ask myself, “Does it get any better than this?”Yes. Yes, it does. Why schlep out of your house, into your car, and to a fast food place, when you can transport those tasty memories to you, into the comfort of your very own kitchen. And no, I’m not talking about dumping a bag of frozen fries onto a baking sheet and calling it a day.No, I’m about to teach you how to make a truly unique batch of french fries that may become your new all-time favorite snack. What makes them unique, you ask? Well, what if I told you that these french fries are going to be fully infused with marijuana? Does that capture your attention? Because that’s exactly what’s about to happen.
How to make cannabis-infused coconut oil
- First off, grab a cup’s worth of coconut oil and a cup’s worth of ground-up cannabis flower. Toss both of those into a large saucepan placed over medium heat. Stir those two ingredients together as best you can, you’ll want the bud within to be evenly spread out in the saucepan.
- Leave these two alone for a few hours, but check in on it every now and then to stir it up a touch. Make sure to remove it from the heat before anything starts to boil or burn. When you’re ready to move on, remove the pan from the heat, and place it to the side momentarily.
- Grab a container that you plan to use for storing this cannabis-infused coconut oil. Atop that container’s opening, secure a piece of sturdy cheesecloth, with the help of a couple of rubber bands. At this point, carefully pick up your saucepan, and pour in the infused oil, through the straining properties of the cheesecloth, and into the container.
- Do NOT squeeze the cheesecloth during this part of the process.
- I understand that your intention is to help the oil separate itself from the floral elements of the cannabis, but in doing so, you will only aide and assist those particles in finding their way into the final oil product. Which, obviously, is something we are trying to avoid. Hence the cheesecloth in the first place. So, please, I urge you to practice patience here. You’ll be happy that you did.
- Once all of that oil has made its way into the container (on its own), that’s it. You can now use this fresh batch of cannabis-infused coconut oil for these THC French Fries.
- That’s all. Pretty dang easy right? Well, it’s about to be even easier – trust me.
That’s right, we’re making THC French Fries!
- In order to make a proper batch of THC French Fries, place a large skillet on top of a medium-to-high heat source. At which point, you’ll add in your three tablespoons of cannabis-infused coconut oil. As that heats up in the skillet, head on over to your counter, and grab your potatoes.
- After thoroughly rinsing off your spuds, start cutting each into french fries. The size and thickness is completely dependent on your personal preference. So, go with whatever your gut is telling you. There, quite literally, are no wrong answers here.
- Then, you’re going to want to head back to your heat source and skillet with your freshly cut potatoes. The oil should be around 350° before you start tossing your potatoes in. When it’s reached that desired temperature, strategically place your potatoes inside the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd it.
- Allow them to brown up a touch, before tossing in a bit of seasoned salt. Flip them, and repeat the process. When the fries are fork tender, they are properly cooked, but if you like them more (or less) crispy, that’s completely on you. So, feel free to cook them to your preferred consistency and crunchiness.
- Once you’re happy with how everything looks (and smells), gently remove the fries from the skillet, and place them on a paper towel (or wire rack) to cool. When you can comfortably handle them with your fingers, you can start to dig in.
- And that, my fellow cannabis enthusiasts, is how you make a killer batch of THC French Fries.
These babies are so simple, so tasty, and surprisingly strong. If you wanted to add a little extra kick to your fries, you can implement a quarter-teaspoon of kief into your seasoned salt mixture. But, that’s totally not a required step, by any means. However you want to go about it, you should be proud of yourself for completing this tasty THC task. Now, the next time your buddies are over, and trying to figure out which fast food spot to hit up after the joint goes out, you can fire up a batch of these bad boys, and save everyone a trip to drive-thru. Plus, you’ll be able to keep the “high times” going with these salty homemade edibles! Hard to complain about that.
Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 5270mg | Potassium: 1524mg | Fiber: 9g | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 12mg