Reading Time: 3 minutes
Super Simple Recipe For Dank THC Detroit-Style Pizza
- 6 Teaspoons of Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil Divided
- 2 ½ Cups of Bread Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of White Sugar
- 1 Package of Active Dry Yeast .25 oz.
- 1 Cup of Warm Water
- 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce 24 oz.
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Package of Thick Pepperoni Slices 8 oz.
- ½ Package of Mild Cheddar Cheese 8 oz.
- 1 Package of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese 8 oz.
- Standing mixer’s bowl
- Dough hook apparatus
- Detroit-Style pizza pan 10” x 14”
- Cutting board
While there is a literal plethora of cuisines to partake in when those inevitable “Munchies” hit, none are quite as reliable, nor as satisfying as a pizza. It doesn’t matter where it’s from, as even the worst pizza is still pretty good. But, when there’s some ganja tossed into the recipe, it basically guarantees that you will have an amazing experience. Which is exactly what you can expect from this THC Detroit-Style Pizza.
SEE ALSO: Easy Recipe For Fried Chicken & THC Hot Sauce ButterNow, if you’re beyond eager to get going on this recipe for THC Detroit-Style Pizza, you will first need to hit up your local grocery store, and/or your neighborhood dispensary, for the following critical elements:
- For starters, you’ll want to pour that warm water into a standing mixer’s bowl.
- Once you’ve done that, you can proceed to mix in your sugar and yeast until they fully dissolve.
- When that occurs, add in 2 teaspoons of cannabis-infused olive oil, bread flour, and salt. Continue to knead these ingredients together, but be sure to do so with a patented “dough hook” apparatus. Keep that going until the dough becomes stretchy, smooth, and soft to the touch.
- Next, grab another 2 teaspoons of cannabis-infused olive oil, and drizzle it into the bottom of a rectangular, Detroit-Style pizza pan. Aim to use one that is 10” x 14”. And be mindful to spread that oil evenly across the bottom. Feel free to use your fingers for this step.
- Then, plop your newly kneaded dough into the center of that pan, and use your hands to stretch and work it into a rectangular shape to better fill the pan. Cover that dough up, and let it rise until it doubles in size. That usually takes an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, you’ll need to work on your cheese and sauce. To do that, you’ll need to grab a saucepan, and place it over “Medium-to-Low” heat. In it, you’ll mix together your garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and marinara sauce.
- Let those simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Following that, you’ll want to preheat your oven to anywhere between 500°- 550°, depending on your comfort level.
- As that warms up, cut your cheddar into cubes, and toss that into a bowl, along with your shredded Monterey Jack. Toss those two cheeses together until they are fully integrated with one another, and set that to the side for the time being.
- Now, head back to your pizza pan, and apply some excess olive oil from the pan onto your fingertips for this step. You will need to press the air out of the dough, as you proceed to push and stretch it into a rectangle that reaches every edge and corner of the pizza pan. And don’t forget to stretch the dough up and onto the sides of the pan, as well. Not all the way, mind you. Aim for the ½” mark or so.
- Next, strategically place some of your pepperoni onto that newly stretched dough. Follow that up with a smattering of your dual-cheese mixture. Make sure to cover every single centimeter of that pan with cheese.
- Then, ladle in some of your sauce, but do so in 3, fairly long strips. And, on top of those sauce strips, place whatever pepperonis you have left.
- When your oven is ready to go, toss that pizza inside to bake for 15 minutes. When it is sporting a rich, golden brown color on the crusts, you’ll know it’s ready.
- When that happens, remove it from the oven, and place it on the counter to cool for about 5 minutes.
- After that brief time period, slide that pizza out of the pan and onto a cutting board. You can then follow the “sauce lines” as you cut the pizza into 12 equally-sized slices.
- Lastly, add a final drizzling of your remaining cannabis-infused olive oil over everything, and you’re done.
Only thing left to do at this point is grab a slice, and chow down! And that’s how you make dank THC Detroit-Style Pizza at home.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15.4g | Fat: 20.1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 858mg