Reading Time: 5 minutes
Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters
Okay, now that that’s out of the way, here’s a total list of ingredients needed for this Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters recipe:
- ½ Cup Cannabis-Infused Milk
- 1 Butternut Squash (roughly 2 cup’s worth – grated)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ Cup Plain Flour
- ¾ Cup Breadcrumbs
- Scallions (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Fairly large saucepan
- Large bowl
Is there anything better than some good ol’ fashioned, down home cooking? I certainly don’t think so, especially after a hearty smoke session. At the pinnacle of my “munchies” I would ideally like to be seated in front of a filling plate of comfort food. I truly don’t think anything comes close to the experience these soul-enriching meals can provide.Take Your Dinner To The Next Level With Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash FrittersWhat’s the best kind of home cooked meal, you ask? Why, anything fried, of course!
There’s an unbeatable level of deliciousness that coincides with fried foods that is simply unmatched by any of its culinary peers. I’m sorry, but that’s just the truth. Each bite is equal parts delectable and nostalgic. Seeing as how the majority of us consumed fried foods like crazy in our childhoods, we all hold a special place in our hearts for these brown bits of bite-sized greatness. I used to love chowing down on some fried dishes as a kid, but that’s the thing, I’m not a kid anymore – not by a long shot. Which, in turn, means I need to fend for myself when it comes to creating my own cuisine at home. Now, to be completely honest, I’ve never had the most acumen for culinary tasks of this nature. In fact, you could say that my experience in the kitchen is damn near non-existent. SEE ALSO: Step-By-Step Recipe For THC Crab CakesThat being said, through the course of a few unique recipes, I’ve not only developed a bit of a knack for cooking, but I have to say, I’m pretty darn good at it, too. But, even though my confidence is growing, I still like to keep things nice and simple in the kitchen. That’s why I tend to attempt recipes that are incredibly “user-friendly.”So, if you’re on the hunt for something deliciously fried that’ll get you “baked” at the same time, I really think you’re going to get a kick out of this recipe for Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters. However, before we get into the details surrounding these Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters, you’re going to need to make some cannabis-infused milk first!Now, I’m sure you’re probably saying, “Cannabis-infused milk?! What the heck?! I didn’t even know that exists!”But, I assure you, my fellow cannabist enthusiasts, it absolutely does exist, and it has the ability to take your culinary creations to new heights with its amazing potency. Some dispensaries may have such a product on hand, and if you’re lucky enough to live close to a retailer with some in stock, by all means, go the easy route and pick some up. However, to be honest, this item continues to be a rarity at the average dispensary, so you’re usually better off just whipping up a batch of your own. When that time period has come and gone, remove it from the heat source, and place it to the side just for a moment. Now, you’ll need to prepare a container for storage. To do that, you’ll want to secure a piece of cheesecloth over the opening, with the help of a couple of rubber bands. Then, through the straining properties of that cheesecloth, pour the contents of that saucepan into the storage container. Place that container full of activated milk into the fridge, and boom, that’s it. That’s how you make cannabis-infused milk. Not too hard, right?Alright, once you’ve got all that in order, you can get to work on this amazing recipe.
Cannabis Infused Milk Instructions
- In order to do that, you’ll first want to heat up some milk in a fairly large saucepan over medium heat.
- Be sure to keep an eye on that pan, as you just want to warm up the milk, not boil it. At this point, you can add in roughly one full ounce of finely ground cannabis flower.
- Carefully stir those two contents together, before leaving it alone to simmer for 1-2 hours. Every now and then, head back to the saucepan to check on the consistency, and stir the mixture up a bit.
Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters Instructions
- The first thing that you’re going to want to do is grab that butternut squash, peel it, then cut it in half (length-wise), before completely removing its seeds.
- Then, grab a grater, and grate that squash to the best of your ability. Remember, you’re aiming to get about 2 cup’s worth of grated squash out of this part of the process.
- Now, grab a large bowl, and sieve some baking powder and flour into it. After that brief step is complete, toss in your milk and eggs. Mix all of these ingredients together as intricately as you possibly can. You really want to blend these contents, so don’t skimp on effort here.
- Once you’re happy with how that’s looking, you can then toss in that grated butternut squash, along your garlic, scallions, and bread crumbs.
- Just like you did with the previous step, stir and mix all of these items together very, very well. This is also the point in the recipe where you can salt and pepper this mixture to your desired level of seasoning.
- Upon finishing that step, pour some cooking oil in a pan, and place it over a heat source, set on medium. As that heats up, chuck in roughly a tablespoon’s worth of that previously made batter.
- Using a spatula, press on these clumps of batter to flatten them out a bit. Repeat that process until your pan’s real estate is just about full. However, you should be mindful to keep roughly an inch or so between each fritter.
- Keep those suckers in that pan for about 3-5 minutes. You’ll know it's time to flip them when they start to sport a solid golden brown hue. Then, when you’re satisfied with how they look on each side, simply grab a plate, and start serving these bad boys.
- If you’d like, you can add some additional scallions or seeds to the exterior of these things, but other than that – you’re done.
- You just made your very own batch of Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters!
- Nicely done, my fellow enthusiasts.
READ OUR LATEST ARTICLE ON: How to Make Cannabis Gravy Despite being super stoked about this fresh batch of infused fritters that you just made, you should be abundantly proud of yourself for this cannabis-related culinary achievement. Cooking can be extremely intimidating, so when you are able to prove to yourself just how talented you can be in the kitchen, it does wonders for your confidence and self-esteem. At least, that’s been the case for me anyway. Regardless of your previous kitchen acumen, you can now happily sit back, relax, and enjoy your Cannabis-Infused Butternut Squash Fritters. You deserve it. And remember, when it comes to dosing out homemade creations, always start small and go from there. It’s a lot more fun to get “higher” than it is to be “too high.” So practice caution, my fellow enthusiasts, and everything will work out absolutely fine.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 111IU