Reading Time: 5 minutes
THC Buffalo Wings
Here’s a full list of ingredients that you’ll need:
- ½ Cup Cannabis-Infused Butter
- ⅛ Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ⅛ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce (Or other sauce of your choice)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons White Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
It’s that time of year again. Time for the “Big Game.”While outlets are now urged to refrain from using its original title, for copyright reasons, I think we all know which Super day in football that I’m referring to. And, even though the absence of its namesake can serve as a bit of an annoyance, that doesn’t change the fact that everyone in this country is abuzz with football fever. On this glorious Sunday afternoon, households all across the nation (and the world) gather with their friends and family to watch the game. It’s easily one of the biggest party days of the year. So much so, there’s even been a petition to get the federal government to declare the Monday after a National Holiday. Thus, allowing millions of people to get as drunk as they’d like to on these party days.
And, while sipping a few cocktails can be fun, we tend to think that a more “balanced” approach to a party is the way to go. By that, I mean partaking in cannabis. And, on these special occasions, it’s only appropriate to enjoy some marijuana in a few different forms.You could smoke a “wake and bake” bowl, as the pre-game shows and new commercials start to air. Then, you could follow that up with a few hits off the vape, as you walk your dog before kickoff. Which, of course, could be supplemented with a few joints and THC-infused drinks while the game is going on.But, in addition to those marijuana mediums, you’ll want to chow down on something, too, as the game heads into halftime. That’s where the wide array of “Big Game” snacks makes its all-too famous appearance. This fateful Sunday is just as known for its food choices, as it is for football. People tend to go all out for these annual get-togethers. And rightfully so. The standard fare you typically see at functions of this nature are various cheeses, meats, and nachos. But the one thing that’s a common staple on everyone’s menu that day is the beloved chicken wing.You can’t have a “Big Game” party without some chicken wings! That’s damn near a crime in this country. Everyone loves these handheld bits of saucy chicken. It’s hard not to, really. They’re pretty much the ideal sports-watching snack.And they’re about to get even better. How, you ask? Why, with the addition of everybody’s favorite herb, marijuana, of course!Yup. You read that right, party people. I’m about to teach you how to make some killer THC Buffalo Wings that are sure to make you a hit at the next “Big Game” gathering.Before we get into the nuts and bolts of this recipe, you’ll want to get some cannabis-infused butter. Most dispensaries have at least a few options to choose from, but should they be sold out, you can always make some of your own at home.In order to do that, you’ll need to get your hands on about 8-10 grams of cannabis flower. Break down the buds atop a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Place that baking sheet of bud into a preheated oven at 240° for 35-40 minutes. This will allow the decarboxylation process to take place. When that 40 minutes is up, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Now, you’ll want to place a large saucepan over a heat source. Make sure it doesn’t exceed a “Medium” setting. In that saucepan, place two sticks of regular butter, along with one cup of tap water. Allow the butter to fully melt, before adding in your decarbed buds into the mix. Stir those two ingredients around, making sure everything is evenly dispersed. Then, you’ll want these two to simmer with one another for 2-3 hours. At which point, you can remove the saucepan from the heat source, and dump the contents into a bottle for storage. The best way to do that is to prepare a container with a secure cheesecloth over the opening. This will prevent floral components of the contents from making their way into the butter. When you’ve successfully transferred the butter into the container, straining out the unwanted properties of the cannabis, you can place it into the fridge to toughen up to your desired butter consistency. And, boom, that’s how you make cannabis-infused butter. Which is the main ingredient we’ll need in order to infuse these THC Buffalo Wings.
- Place a small pot atop a heat source set to “Medium.” In that pot, dump in your cannabis-infused butter. Stir it a bit, to help it fully melt. When it has reached that desired consistency, you can then grab your hot sauce, and pour it into the mix, as well. Again, keep stirring.
- Then comes the cayenne pepper and garlic powder. After that, add in your Worcestershire Sauce and white vinegar. Continue to stir the contents up the entire time, to ensure that all of the flavors are incorporating well with one another. Allow that mixture to simmer until it starts to bubble just a little. We don’t want a full-on boil, so keep an eye on it.
- As that does its thing, you can make yourself some wings. You can fry, bake, even boil your wings – it’s completely up to you. So, for this part of the process, it’s your call. Whatever method suits your personal preference is great. Whatever technique you choose to utilize for your wings, when they are done, place them all in a large mixing bowl.
- At this point, you’ll want to slowly drizzle your newly-infused hot sauce mixture atop the wings. When they are sporting a healthy coating, toss the wings amongst one another for optimal coverage. If you need to add in more sauce at any point, you should feel free to do so.
- When you’re satisfied with how everything is looking, simply plate them up, plop ‘em in front of your party guests, and watch them disappear in seconds. And that’s it. You just whipped up your very own batch of THC Buffalo Wings and cannabis-infused butter.
- That’s something to be pretty dang proud of, if you ask me. While non-medicated wings are amazing in their own right, these THC Buffalo Wings are guaranteed to heighten the moods of every football fan who had the pleasure of eating them. It’ll increase the good vibes in the room. That way, win or lose, everyone will leave with a full belly and stoney smile on their face.
- But these THC Buffalo Wings don’t need to be solely relegated to just football endeavors. Feel free to get a batch going for a movie night in with the significant other, or after a long day at the office. There’s no reason not to have these babies. They’re easy to make, taste incredible, and get you good and high. And, really, what more could you ask for from a chicken wing?