Reading Time: 5 minutes
Impress Your Friends With This Broccoli Cheddar Cannabis Casserole
Here’s a complete list of ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 4 ½ Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Butter
- 20 Ounces Broccoli (Cooked & Chopped)
- 2 Cups Ritz Crackers (Crushed)
- 2 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
During this somewhat chilly part of the year, people across the globe are spending their evenings in a scent-filled kitchen, cooking up all sorts of hearty comfort meals. And rightfully so. These filling, typically savory dishes are just what the body needs after a long day spent in the cold. Dishes of this nature routinely satisfy the appetite, and the variety of ingredients (and flavors) involved make up a delectable melody of tastes and smells.
In short, comfort food like this is ideal, especially as we make our way into a new year.There’s all sorts of culinary interpretations of these dishes, but I prefer the classics. Things like lasagna, chili, or my personal favorite: the casserole. Now, while it should go without saying, there’s a plethora of different casseroles out there. Some more savory and delicious than others, but perhaps, that’s just my personal opinion. If I had my druthers, whenever I’m in the mood for a solid meal to please my mind, body, and soul, I don’t think you can go wrong with the standard broccoli cheddar cheese version of this iconic dinner. Part of it makes you feel healthy, as each bite of perfectly prepared broccoli finds its way onto your fork. But you also feel satisfied, as you take in each cheesy accent you encounter throughout the dining experience. Then, when it's all said and done, you have a tummy full of guilt-free comfort food, likely resulting in a decent amount of leftovers, making it easy to enjoy at a later date, as well.I grew up loving this meal, but only recently have I felt compelled to whip up a version of my very own. Like many would do in this situation, I hopped online to see if I could find an adequate recipe that would accurately encapsulate everything I enjoyed about this dish growing up.That’s when I stumbled across one particular recipe that took everything I admired about this casserole all those years ago, and multiplied them by 100! And they were able to do so by adding in only one special ingredient: marijuana. Uh-huh, you read that right. I’m about to teach you how to make some sincerely scrumptious Broccoli Cheddar Cannabis Casserole, that’ll taste great and get you very, very high.However, before we get over-excited and jump into things, a bit of business needs to be taken care of. By that I mean, in order for this recipe to pack that potent THC punch that we’re looking for, we’ll need to make sure you have some cannabis-infused butter on hand.Don’t have any? No worries. Dispensaries nowadays are more than happy to provide you with a tub or two of this THC-enriched cooking aid. But, in the rare event of your cannabis club being out of this necessary butter, you can always make some at home. The entire process is incredibly easy, and you’ll be able to use the finished product on any other recipe that would call for butter. Which is why I always choose to make a batch in the comfort of my own kitchen. In order to make your own cannabis butter, you’ll need to roughly break down 10 grams of cannabis, and place the crudely broken down nugs onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, you’ll want to preheat your oven to a solid 240°. When the oven reaches that desired temperature, place your baking sheet covered in bud inside, and let it cook for 35-40 minutes.At that point, remove the baking sheet from the oven, before placing a large saucepan over a heat source set to “Medium.” In that saucepan, put in 2 sticks of regular butter, along with one cup of water. As the butter melts, finely grind up the newly-activated buds from the baking sheet.Once the butter has fully melted, add in your finely ground cannabis flower, and stir the ingredients together. Then, you’re going to want to let these two simmer together for 2-3 hours, stirring the contents up every now and then during that time period. When that time has elapsed, remove the saucepan from the heat source, and prepare a container for storage, by securing a cheesecloth over the opening of it. Pick up the saucepan, and pour the contents into the container, through the straining properties of the cheesecloth. The second you feel like all the butter made its way into the container, place it in the fridge to toughen up a touch. When it reaches your desired butter consistency, you can feel free to use it whenever and however you want. But let’s start by utilizing its THC powers in this recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Cannabis Casserole, shall we?
- After preheating your oven to 350°, you’ll want to chop up that broccoli of yours into tiny, bite-sized pieces, and rid them of their stems. Then you’ll want to cook that broccoli in a large pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes. After that, you’ll want to blanch them in a large bowl filled with ice cubes and water. Keep them in there for 2-3 minutes at a time.
- When that time period has come and gone, take the broccoli out of the frigid waters, and place them on a nearby paper towel. Then, in a substantially-sized bowl, you’ll want to mix the freshly blanched broccoli with 2 lightly beaten eggs, your grated cheddar cheese, mushroom soup, and mayonnaise. Be sure to stir these ingredients together to the best of your ability to make sure all of the flavors have been evenly dispersed throughout.
- Following that step, you’ll want to spray down a casserole dish with some non-stick cooking spray.
- After that, you can toss some Ritz crackers into a Ziploc bag of some sort, and start crushing up those bad boys. When it’s all said and done, you’ll want to have roughly 2 cups worth of cracker crumbs to work with.
- Now, pick up your broccoli mixture, and gradually empty the contents of that bowl into your prepared casserole dish. When that is spread out evenly, you can then top everything off with those 2 cups of crushed Ritz crackers.
- But that’s not all.
- Before you do anything else, melt approximately 4 ½ tablespoons of cannabis-infused butter, and slather it over the entire casserole. Be sure to hit every nook and cranny of this casserole, as this is where your potency will be coming from.
- When you’re satisfied with that, you may then toss it into your oven for about 35 minutes to bake. You’ll know it’s ready to go when it starts to take on a lip-smacking golden-brownish hue.
- At that point, simply remove the casserole from the oven, and place it on the counter to cool for about 5 minutes or so. But, after that, you can feel free to plate up, and dig into your freshly made Broccoli Cheddar Cannabis Casserole.
- Stoned appetite, my fellow enthusiasts!